Wednesday 17 August 2016

Marks & Spencer's Count On Us Prawn Risotto review

I am not usually the type of person who buys ready meals, however I am happy to make an exception for M&S due to the quality of their products. Their count on us range is one of my favourites as it doesn't taste "healthy" yet all of the meals have a low calorie count including this prawn risotto which had only 378 calories. I have been eager to try this for weeks as seafood risotto is one of my favourite meals and my faith in M&S meals meant that I was sure that I would love this.


The packet describes this meal as a prawn risotto with tomato and white wine. This sounded delicious and I could see that the portion size was fairly generous so I didn't worry that I would be left feeling hungry. I could see plenty of prawns throughout the meal however they were all quite small. This meal could be microwaved but I chose to cook it in the oven.


When cooked I sat down with the meal but in all honesty I wasn't very impressed. The prawns were very small and slightly dry and I didn't enjoy the sauce. I could subtly detect the white whine but this just seemed to add a slight bitterness to a relatively bland tomato sauce. The texture of the rice was pretty good in fairness and I found it creamy with just the right amount of chewiness to it. There is no one more surprised than me that I didn't enjoy this meal and I highly doubt that I ill try it again. I found it quite bland yet somehow slightly sharp and I just didn't think that this was up to the usual quality of M&S.

No comments:

Post a Comment