Friday 19 August 2016

Harvester Soya & Leek Sausages And Mash review

Despite not being a vegetarian, I often prefer vegetarian sausages to pork ones and so when I popped into Harvester and saw this option on their early bird menu I thought it would make a nice change to my typical choice of chicken. The meal came relatively quickly and was presented pretty well with 3 vegetarian sausages neatly placed on a generous portion of mash surrounded by a puddle of gravy.


I took my first bite of the sausages and was really impressed. Vegetarian sausages are generally very well seasoned which can often lead to the taste being a bit too strong and leaving an unpleasant after taste. Although these had more seasoning than traditional pork sausages, it was not overwhelming so the flavour didn't linger. They were cooked perfectly with just the right amount of crispiness to the outside and a soft slightly chewy centre. The gravy wasn't anything spectacular and was very thin and watery but I expected this sort of gravy granule type gravy but the taste was quite meaty and tasty so I didn't mind too much. The mash was smooth and buttery and sopped the gravy up well. It tasted creamy and so worked really well with the strong herby flavour of the sausages. Overall I really enjoyed this meal and would probably order it again, especially as it was part of the early bird menu meaning that it wasn't too expensive and I got an ice cream included!

No comments:

Post a Comment