Tuesday 5 July 2016

Tesco Healthy Living Strawberry Trifle review

Trifle has never been my dessert of choice, in fact I have never really liked it very much but I fancied something sweet that was a bit different. This trifle from Tesco caught my eye and actually looked quite nice so I thought it would be worth a try especially since it was a part of their healthy living range and had only 154 calories. It was quite substantial in size and weight and was made up of a layer of strawberry sauce that had small whole strawberries in, sponge, a thick layer of vanilla custard and topped with a vanilla mousse.


I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed this dessert! Now this maybe because it is not something that I regularly eat but I loved the vanilla custard which was smooth yet thick enough to get a good dollop on the spoon. The mousse was exactly like a vanilla-y cream and the sponge was incredibly light despite there being a very small amount of it. The strawberry sauce was sweet and not too sticky and I was pleased to discover so many strawberries throughout. This made a welcome treat when I was in need of a sweet and fruity treat and tasted much more luxurious than the healthy living label would have lead me to think. I can't wait to pick one of these up again, especially since the Wimbledon season is upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment