Monday 4 July 2016

Smiths Frazzles review

Now many people will think that I am mad but I have always found bacon flavoured snacks a bit over rated. I think that this is mainly due to the artificial Smokey flavour that usually comes with bacon snacks. I do however remember having Frazzles when I was younger and finding them quite addictive. These are crispy bacon corn snacks that are made by SMITHS which is a British-Australian company.


I opened the pack and was hit with a strong bacon smell but it wasn't overly "Smokey" which was my main worry. The crisps themselves looked like small bacon rashers with dark red stripes going down them. They had a light and crunchy texture which is common of these corn type crisps and although there weren't a huge amount in the bag this is probably because they were from multi-pack.


I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by these crisps. They had a strong bacon flavour that wasn't too artificial which made these surprisingly moreish. They were crunchy and salty and as soon as I tasted the first crisp I remembered why I enjoyed them throughout my childhood. These were nothing earth shatteringly amazing but they were tasty and comforting and gave me a warm nostalgic feeling. If like me it has been a while since you had your last bag of Frazzles, you might be surprised at how much you enjoy them if you pick up a bag.

1 comment:

  1. Well I was surprised to find no taste no smell just discussing not the first multipack I've had like it and the intire contents was the same these crisps have gone right down hill for flavour and taste gutted

    ReplyDelete