Tuesday 12 July 2016

Shapers Crunchy Onion Flavoured Rings review

Onion rings are some of the smelliest, old fashioned crisps around yet they are a staple of every alcohol filled night in around my friends. I saw these in Boots and they basically looked like the Shapers version of onion rings but they were only 56 calories a bag! I wondered how these would compare to other brand so decided to give them a try.


I opened the bag and straight away understood the low calorie count. There were very few orange coloured snacks in the bag but I could still detect the smell of onion so I was pinning all of my hopes on the taste. Unfortunately I was left feeling slightly flat. The flavour wasn't too bad in all honesty and actually not too different to your typical bag of onion rings. What let these down was the texture which was "crunchy" but as soon as it got slightly wet from touching my mouth it turned almost chewy and had a slightly stale feeling to it.


These weren't as bad as I have probably made them sound and if you love the flavour of onion you might actually enjoy them but I personally just couldn't get past the texture. I would definitely rather have a more pungent flavour and a good crunch to my crisp and worry about the calories another day and recommend that you do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment