Thursday 14 July 2016

Magnum Mini Black Espresso review

It is probably pretty obvious by now that I am a lover of both coffee and Magnum ice creams, so it was only a matter of time before I got around to trying these black espresso Magnums. I went for the mini version because I find this size doesn't feel to heavy and they came in a multipack with the pink raspberry version which I have previously reviewed.


I opened the packet and saw the dark chocolate coating which had that perfect "crack" when I bit into it that you always get with good old reliable Magnum ice creams. The ice cream inside this version is the classic vanilla but I had forgotten how lovely this is. The ice cream tasted luxurious and creamy with just the right amount of sweetness. There was a coffee sauce swirled through the magnum which was equally delicious. It had a sharpness that was noticeable however the overall taste was still quite sweet.


I really enjoyed these Magnums and I think the mixture of the coffee sauce and dark chocolate balanced out perfectly, resulting in an overall sweet flavour that isn't quite as sickly as some of the other varieties. I would definitely recommend these to any Magnum lovers out there as even if this doesn't replace your favourite flavour, it will certainly make a nice alternative in this warm summery weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment