Monday 18 July 2016

Mr Kipling Strawberry Milkshake Slices review

Mr Kipling is without doubt one of the men I would most like to marry. As I have said before I feel like his products are classically British and I have grown up with them in the cupboard. Some of the newer varieties of his cakes however weren't around when I was younger but that doesn't mean that I am not prepared to try them now! These strawberry milkshake slices are described as having strawberry flavoured sponge with a vanilla flavour filling and strawberry icing. There is no picture of the packaging I'm afraid as I was too eager to tuck in however they came individually wrapped like the rest of the slice range.


It was pale pink in colour but my goodness was the sweet strawberry smell strong! I took a bite and was surprised at how much the flavour did resemble strawberry milkshake. As I suspected these are incredibly sweet so I would only give them a try if you have a very sweet tooth but after the initial shock of the sugar hit I actually really enjoyed it. These are far from the most sophisticated cakes on the market but the sponge was soft, light and moist and the icing was sticky and smooth. The flavour was very sweet and with a quirky strawberry milkshake taste. These were a fun little treat that I'm sure any kid would love to have in their lunchbox.... or any big kids like me who just fancy something a little bit different.

No comments:

Post a Comment