Friday 1 July 2016

Marks & Spencer's Roasted Mushroom and Onion Pie review

I found this pie in the vegetarian range at Marks and Spencer's. This pie is topped with parsley mash and the roasted mushrooms and onions are in a type of gravy. The mash was piped on top and the pie took approximately 20 minutes in the oven. As post types of dishes like this contain meat I was a little worried that I would feel like it was lacking something but I popped it in to cook and hoped for the best.



The photograph does not do the pie justice and is entirely due to my inability to get the pie out of the metal tin. It was initially very neat in an oval type container but I care a lot more about the taste of the meal than the presentation so I slopped it on the plate and if I'm honest I actually thought it looked really comforting.


Taste wise I was really impressed as I usually am from M&S food range. The roasted onions and mushrooms had a lovely sweet flavour and the sauce that they were in was flavoursome and thick. The parsley flavour to the mash was subtle but added a little extra flavour that was more than welcome. I needn't have worried that I would miss the meat aspect of this pie as the flavours were so tasty that I didn't even give thought to the fact that it was a vegetarian dish. I thoroughly enjoyed this meal and would happily eat it again despite not being a vegetarian myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment