Saturday 2 July 2016

Costa UK Chicken & Bacon Toastie review

I like to treat myself to lunch out on the weekend and todays outing was to Costa. The lunch range from Costa is hugely popular and todays choice was the chicken and bacon toastie which is one of the most popular items and it has been recommended to me by multiple people. This toastie also contains mozzarella and béchamel sauce which all sounded good to me.


The toastie came with béchamel sauce and mozzarella oozing out of the middle which made my mouth water. I took a bite and it was really tasty but if I'm completely honest I was disappointed with the lack of filling. There was a very small amount of both chicken and bacon inside. The béchamel and mozzarella inside were very flavoursome and prevented this toastie from being dry or bland but if you are looking for a meaty flavour then you might be slightly disappointed.


I did enjoy this lunch and as toasties go it was pretty good but the lack of meat inside meant that I wasn't overly impressed or raving about it. If I hadn't been promised chicken and bacon I probably would have been saying how delicious this was but it just wasn't what I was expecting so I was left craving a bit more meat. Overall this was a decent lunch but it ended up being more cheesy and creamy than chicken and bacon-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment