Saturday 23 July 2016

Marks & Spencer's Butternut, Spinach & Ricotta Lasange review

Browsing the vegetarian isle in M&S this week, this butternut squash, spinach and ricotta lasagne caught my eye. This meal was topped with a goats cheese sauce which is what really interested me because of my love of goats cheese and the fact that I have never seen it featured in a lasagne so was eager to see what this meal would be liked cooked.


After approximately 25 minutes in the oven I took it out and was really impressed by its appearance. I cut through and saw the layers of creamy melting goats cheese, pasta, a thin layer of spinach and butternut squash which seemed to have some seasoning. The layers of spinach and butternut squash were smaller than the ricotta but overall I thought this was delicious. The goats cheese want particularly noticeable but even so I really enjoyed this addition to the lasagne. The pasta was perfectly thick, chewy and soft and almost melted in with the cheesy flavour.


I thoroughly enjoyed this meal and was very impressed especially being a meat eater. I cant recommend this enough to any vegetarians as I actually preferred this to a lot of beef lasagnes which is really saying something considering this maybe my favourite meal. The cheesy flavour, thick chewy texture and the addition of the spinach and butternut squash made for the perfect combination of flavours. Once again M&S have done an excellent job with this meal and I will deffinitley be picking this up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment