Sunday 24 July 2016

Kallo Sundried Tomato & Herbs Corn & Rice Snack review

Kallo are a well established brand that are becoming increasingly popular but I can't say that I have tried any of their products before. They are probably most well known for their corn and rice cakes so I decided I would start with their tomato and herb flavour which came in an individual bag at only 91 calories. These snacks were gluten free, contained wholegrains and had no added MSG or artificial additives.


On opening the bag I saw plenty of small rice cakes with a slightly red colour dusting. There was a subtle smell of tomato and I could detect some herbs but it wasn't overpowering. I took a bite and was pleasantly surprised. The rice cakes had a good crunch and were gently seasoned. There was a mildly sweet tomato taste but the herbs added an extra depth of flavour.


I really enjoyed these snacks and am now eager to try other products from the Kallo range. If I'm completely honest then I probably would have liked these to have a little more flavour but I can't say that these were bland and overall I really did find them quite tasty. These make a nice alternative to your standard bag of crisps, especially seeing as tomato and herb isn't the most common of flavours so these are well worth a try if you fancy something a little bit different.

No comments:

Post a Comment