Saturday 9 July 2016

Hippies In Herbs We Trust review

These organic chickpea puffs caught my eye when browsing the crisp isle because I don't think I have had chickpea snacks before. I chose the "In herbs we trust" flavour because I thought this would allow me to notice the chickpea base. I didn't really know what to expect but for only 91 calories and considering that they are high in protein and fibre, I thought that I had nothing to loose.


I opened the packet and was surprised at what I saw because they looked nothing like chickpeas! In fact they looked a lot like large Wotsits but the smell was incredibly strong. There was an almost overwhelming herby/garlic-y smell and the puffs were covered in tiny green specks. I bit in and the texture was light and crunchy but I can't say that any aspect of these snacks reminded me of chickpeas. That's not necessarily a bad thing and I wouldn't have known that they were a healthy snack so even better!


The flavour of these puffs was very similar to the smell and the herby taste was prominent, for me personally however I thought that they were delicious. I have never had a snack made from chickpeas before but the flavour was also unusual. These had a strong herby flavour that was without a doubt the best part of these puffs. I hope to see more snacks like this available and am eager to try the other flavours from the Hippies range.

No comments:

Post a Comment