Friday 8 July 2016

Greggs Iced Ring Doughnut review

I have tried multiple brands of doughnuts including the big named more expensive brands but I always end up back at Greggs. I find that the price of Greggs is much more reasonable and I actually prefer the doughnuts too. This version was the iced ring doughnut which was topped with a white fondant with a chocolate flavoured spin.


I took the doughnut out of the box and it was quite substantial in size and weight. This made me think that it might taste quite heavy and stodgy but I was wrong. The doughnut had a lovely vanilla flavour and although had a lovely chewy dough-y texture, it still somehow managed to be quite airy. The fondant icing was sweet and sticky and was perfectly in proportion to the thickness of the doughnut. The chocolate spin was also really tasty and added an extra flavour to the doughnut which stopped the fondant icing from being too sweet. I thoroughly enjoyed this doughnut and I can highly recommend trying any of the doughnut range from Greggs as I am yet to be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment