Wednesday 8 June 2016

Werther's Original Sugar Free Chewy Toffees review

Werthers have been my favourite sweet since I was a child. They are rich, creamy with an indulgent toffee flavour. I haven't tried the chewy version since they have been released but seeing as a sugar free version of the toffees has now been released, I saw this as the perfect opportunity.


I opened the sweet from the bag of toffees and saw that it was individually wrapped. It had the same golden brown colour as traditional Werthers and maintained the buttery smell. I always worry with these types of toffees that they will be too hard and chewy for me to enjoy but this wasn't the case. It was soft enough to bite through quite easily but still required a fair amount of chewing. If I'm completely honest I could taste the difference in flavour to the original version as the artificial sweeteners were slightly noticeable but even so these were pretty good. They still had the creamy caramel flavour of the original sweets despite the slightly added sweetness and I happily worked my way through the bag over a couple of days. These are definitely one for the toffee lovers out there so I would recommend giving them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment