Tuesday 7 June 2016

Pizza Express Padana Romana review

I have found that people generally either really love pizza express or really dislike it. I think this is probably because of the more unusual pizza toppings and combinations that they use. I personally like trying the more alternative range of pizzas so on this visit I chose the Padana Romana. This is a pizza with goats cheese, caramelised onion, spinach, red onion and garlic sauce on a tomato sauce. The Romana base stretches the dough to make the pizza thinner and crispier.


The pizza I had was slightly burnt so this did affect the pizza slightly but as the staff appeared very busy I didn't want to send it back. It was certainly thin and crispy though and despite the black edges I did enjoy the crispiness. The toppings are the shining point for this pizza however. Being a lover of goats cheese it was great to see this being used on pizza as I have never tried this before and it worked really well with the rich tomato sauce. The sweetness of the caramelised onion was also delicious alongside the sharp goats cheese and there was a generous amount of spinach which was perfectly soft. The garlic oil was also very noticeable and was a lovely extra touch. Although the fact that my pizza was slightly burnt tainted the experience slightly, overall I really enjoyed this pizza and love that it was very different to anything that I have tried before. I can't wait to have this pizza again!

No comments:

Post a Comment