Monday 6 June 2016

Soreen Squidgy Cake Chocolate review

As I have previously stated..... quite a few times..... I love Soreen. There is something about the chewy and dense texture than makes it hard to believe that it is actually low fat as it is so indulgent. I have put off trying this chocolate version of the mini squidgy cake a I haven't heard anything great about it and was worried that I would find it a bit too heavy but I decided to give it a go.


These mini loafs come individually wrapped and are ideal for taking out on the go or perfect for children's lunch boxes. I opened the wrapper and saw the dark mini oaf and I admit that it didn't look too appealing but I have learnt not to judge food - especially Soreen by its appearance. I have tasted and reviewed the Toffee version of these squidgy cake's before and although I did enjoy it, I cant honestly say that it was anything exceptional.


This chocolate version howerer really surprised me. It might actually be my new favourite variety of Soreen. It had a rich chocolate-y smell and the usual "squidgy" texture of Soreen. The chocolate flavour was very prominent but not o strong that it made it taste too heavy. The size was perfect as any bigger and I think it might have become a bit too rich. I will without a doubt buy this chocolate variety again and don't know why it has taken me so long to try it. Chocolate lovers - trust me and try theses mini loafs especially if you want a low fat option (which I still cant believe that these are!)

No comments:

Post a Comment