Friday 3 June 2016

Marks & Spencer's Count On Us Fish Pie review

Fish pie is one of my favourite go-to meals and I am always happy to try anything from Marks and Spencer's. I have tasted quite a few items from their count on us range and am yet to be disappointed. This pie contained haddock, prawns, salmon and spinach in a creamy sauce topped with mashed potato.


It came out of the oven and smelled lovely. There was a generous portion, especially for only 332 calories. When I dished it up I saw that it contained large chunks of fish. The spinach was evenly spread throughout and cooked so that it was very soft but I cant say that this particularly bothered me. I intentionally burnt the top of the pie slightly as I enjoy my potato crispy


The taste was delicious. It was creamy and flavoursome with plenty of fish and prawns The broccoli was very soft but this just meant that it added to the texture of the pie because I got some in every mouthful. The creamy sauce tasted very indulgent and there was a thick layer of potato that was the ideal proportion to the fish. I thoroughly enjoyed this meal and will without a doubt pick it up again. This did not taste low fat at all so I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a tasty fish pie whether they were watching their weight or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment