Thursday 2 June 2016

Frankie & Benny's Smashed Avocado review

Avocado is becoming increasingly popular which is probably why its appearing on more and more restaurant menus. It has been hailed as a superfood and I personally really like it so when I saw it on the breakfast menu at Frankie and Benny's it was an easy choice. The Smashed avocado is described as toasted rosemary bread topped with smashed avocado and poached eggs and it cost £5.95.


Now I will start by saying that the service we received was terrible which tainted the experience as we were left 20 minute before our orders were taken and the drinks we received were wrong after the long wait. The breakfast came and it was smaller than I expected but I tucked in anyway. I was really looking forward to this meal but was left really disappointed. The bread was freeing cold and not toasted. The flavour of it was fine but the texture was just quite chewy. There was a very small amount of avocado on the bread which was supposed to be the main item of the breakfast so the bread ended up just being very dry. The poached eggs however were perfect. They were runny and warm but they were the only part of the dish I actually enjoyed. Based on this experience I have no plans to return to F&B's for breakfast especially when paying nearly £6.00 for breakfast is a lot steeper than what you would pay elsewhere for a better experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment