Friday 24 June 2016

John West Light Lunch French Style Tuna Salad review

I have tried other varieties of the light lunch range from John West before and really enjoyed the taste. This was the French style tuna salad which included tuna, pasta, sweetcorn, potato, green beans, red pepper with a French salad dressing. It is unusual to have both potato's and pasta in the same dish especially for a light meal like this which has only 218 calories so I was interested to see how this would taste.


The size of this pack was quite small so I don't think that but would keep me going all day without any snacks but it certainly filled a little hole and I was impressed with the taste .There was a generous amount of tuna and the dressing was flavoursome but not so strong that it overwhelmed the taste of the tuna. I would say that there were more chunks of well dressed potato than there were the small shells of pasta but I was surprised that they went together quite well. There were peppers and pieces of sweetcorn throughout and a few green beans which added to the texture. I thought this light lunch tasted great and I am impressed that it had so few calories, however I think I would need a substantial breakfast or a good few snacks throughout the day if I was only having this for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment