Sunday 15 May 2016

Waitrose Sea Salt & Black Pepper Lentil Tubes review

Waitrose is a shop that I don't think I have ever bought anything from. The main reason for this is there isn't really one near me but I am also aware of how expensive it is and so I can't say that I would seek one out. However when I popped into some services this week there was a small Waitrose shop so I took this as an opportunity to try out some of their snacks.


These sea salt and black pepper lentil tubes caught my eye for two reasons. The first was the flavour is one that you don't see very often as salt is usually paired with vinegar and I do love a slightly unusual flavour. The second reason that I wanted to try these was because although I have had many different versions of lentil crisps, I don't think I have ever seen or tried a "tube" variety.


Inside the bag, I was slightly disappointed at the portion size as there were very few tubes inside. The tubes themselves looked like penne pasta but a crunchy version that maintained a good crisp when biting through. The black pepper was prominent in the taste and the sea salt, although noticeable did take a back seat. The flavour of these tubes actually worked quite well if you like black pepper and it wasn't overwhelming or too burn-y which was another one of my worries. Overall I did enjoy these tubes. The flavour was tasty and I would love to see more varieties of lentil tubes available especially in a larger portion. Although I wont be running to Waitrose to buy another bag of these snacks in a hurry I wouldn't say no to having them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment