Friday 13 May 2016

Sainsburys Happy Birthday Cake Cubes review

Okay, so I recently had a birthday and cake is an essential part of the day. I happened to have a few birthday celebrations though so on one occasion some friends and myself went for a meal. Afterwards, I didn't really want the hassle of cutting a cake and portioning it out so these cake cubes from Sainsbury's seemed like a great option.


There were 15 cubes toped with icing and filled with a layer of jam and cream in between two madeira sponges. They weren't very big but birthday cake is usually more for a treat than to actually fill you up. I took out a cube which were each covered in cake wrap and cardboard for protection and saw that there was a surprisingly generous proportion of jam and cream.


Taste wise I was really impressed. I have to be honest, I didn't expect a lot from a supermarket cake but it tasted delicious. The sponge as soft and light with a slight vanilla flavour. The strawberry jam had a strong sweet flavour that worked really well with the light layer of cream which was also lovely and not overly sweet or synthetic like I was worried about. The icing on top was chewy and sweet and in perfect proportion for the overall cake. I would highly recommend these cake cubes for any party as they were not only convenient but also really tasty. They tasted of a surprisingly high quality considering they only cost £10 and everyone commented on how nice they tasted and how cute they looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment