Monday 16 May 2016

Marks & Spencer's Skinny Lemon Muffin Dessert review

It has been a while since I had a dessert from Marks & Spencer's but since it was a lunch time when I was browsing for something sweet I only wanted something quite light. This is where their individual skinny lemon muffin dessert from their count on us range caught my eye. Lemon is always a popular flavour when the sun starts to make an appearance and the fact that it is only 144 calories is just an added bonus. However if I'm honest, I do often get a little worried when a product is low calorie that it is going to be obvious in the taste but I'm happy to give anything a try once - especially dessert.


The dessert was layered. There was a lemon mousse, sponge and a lemon type curd. There were also candied lemon pieces sprinkled on the very top. The mousse was the largest layer and it took a few spoonful's to get to anything else. I can't say I minded this too much though as I really liked it. The flavour of lemon was very strong and quite sharp but it had a fluffy texture and I enjoyed the candied lemon on top. The sponge was pretty typical of this type of dessert but there was nothing to complain about. It was soft with a subtle sweetness and it was nice to have the added texture. The lemon curd worked really well with the mousse and combined there was a good balance between the sweetness and tartness of the overall dessert.


This is definitely one for lemon lovers so if you are not a massive lover of lemon then this will probably be way too sharp for you. I however really like lemon flavoured desserts and so really enjoyed it and in all honesty I probably will pick this up again. It was surprisingly filling for 144 calories and made a welcome change to typical chocolate or caramel desserts, especially in the sunny weather. This was a pretty good quality product and lived up to M&S's high standards in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment