Monday 23 May 2016

Waitrose Mixed Vegetable Crisps review

I have never had a bag of vegetable crisps that I didn't enjoy, in fact in all honesty they are my favourite. I love the mixture of the saltiness with the natural sweetness of the vegetables. I saw these mixed vegetable crisps in Waitrose and couldn't wait to try them despite thinking that they would be exactly the same as every other variety that I have tasted and thoroughly enjoyed.


I opened the bag and there was a generous portion of crisps inside. There was a mixture of purple and orang-y colours from the different vegetables. There wasn't much of a smell to them butt then there usually isn't with vegetable crisps so I excitingly took a bite. I was really surprised to find that they were very unpleasant. They had a similar taste to most vegetable crisps but for some reason I could taste dirt. On further inspection I saw that these were flavoured with thyme, basil and oregano. Although I usually like all of these herbs it is the only reason that I can to as to why these tasted so strange.


The crisps did have a good light and crispy texture but even so I couldn't get past the odd taste to them. I was really disappointed by these crisps and will definitely avoid them in future. Everything about these crisps should have worked but I didn't even want to finish the bag (which is not like me). I would suggest buying your vegetable crisps elsewhere if you like the light and sweet flavours that you usually get with vegetable crisps.

No comments:

Post a Comment