Tuesday 24 May 2016

Ben & Jerry's Son of a Wich review

I remember when Ben & Jerry's released their ice cream sandwiches several years ago and I was devastated when they were discontinued. When I saw that they had released them again, I got stupidly excited. I went to buy some and saw that they had also released a smaller version called "son of a wich". Being as these were on offer I thought that I would try these first.


Described as vanilla ice cream with chocolate chunks in-between two chewy chocolate chip cookies it sounded like perfection. I opened my ice cream and my first reaction was.... is that it? Now I know these are designed to be small but I mean ... they were really small! This may however just be me being a bit greedy and after all the taste is what matters. The cookies were slightly firmer than a lot of ice cream sandwich cookies and had slightly more of a bite than I am used to but there is nothing wrong with that. The flavour  however really let these down. They were dare I say it, slightly bland which is something I never thought that I would admit. They contained the high quality vanilla ice cream that Ben & Jerrys are famous for with a decent amount of chocolate chunks but there was very little flavour to the cookies and for some reason they just didn't seem to compliment the ice cream at all.


I really did expect to fall in love with these ice cream sandwiches and maybe that's what the problem was here. Maybe my expectations were too high and they were never going to live up to what I remembered but I am pretty positive that these are no the same as the previously released version and in my opinion not as good. There is a lack of flavour with the cookies themselves and as a result the ice cream didn't taste as good as it usually does. They weren't not nice but I was left disappointed and I doubt I will buy them again, especially in this tiny version.


No comments:

Post a Comment