Saturday 7 May 2016

Soreen Orange review

As I have stated in the past I love Soreen! There is just something about the squidgy, chewy texture that makes it seem really naughty despite it actually being low fat. I saw a picture of this orange variety about a year ago but haven't been able to get hold of it. Recently however, it seems to be appearing everywhere so I can only assume that this is an annual addition to the range that only makes an appearance throughout summer.


This loaf is much lighter in colour than the other varieties that I have tried but this made no difference whatsoever to the dense and sticky texture. I wasn't sure if I should eat this without butter so I tried it both ways. Both were a huge success (no shock really) and I am so glad that I finally got to try this orange version. The loaf isn't hugely different to the other varieties of soreen available and still contains plenty of raisins but the orange adds a sweetness that makes the flavour slightly less rich than the original loaf.


Overall this what exactly what I expected but that isn't a bad thing. If you are a fan of the rest of the Soreen range then I can certainly recommend giving this a try, however if the dried fruit and heavy feeling of the loaf isn't something that you particularly enjoy then I doubt you will like this. For me, this loaf was a hit and I will be stocking up on this variety of Soreen while it is around.

No comments:

Post a Comment