Thursday 12 May 2016

Bella Italia Cannelloni Ricotta review

Italian food is without a doubt my favourite and I almost always go for a pasta or risotto. I went on a trip to Bella Italia which is an Italian chain. They have recently updated their menu and so I decided to try something new. I chose the Cannelloni Ricotta described as "Cannelloni filled with spinach & ricotta, baked with a tomato & bŽéchamel sauce". This sounded right up my street so I couldn't wait to taste it.


It wasn't as large as a lot of Al Forno pasta's but it wasn't small so I can't really complain. The pasta was well cooked and slightly crispy around the edges. The tomato sauce was sweet, thick and smooth and the bŽéchamel deliciously creamy but if I'm honest I would have liked a little more of them both. The spinach and ricotta filling was perfect. Mainly think ricotta with fresh spinach that wasn't soggy or stringy in the slightest which was my main concern. I would happily order this meal again as overall I thought it was delicious. I would have liked a little more sauce but I can't say that it really needed it so I am just being slightly greedy. The flavours of this dish were creamy and rich so I would recommend giving Bella's new menu a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment