Tuesday 10 May 2016

Nestle Butterfinger Bites review

Being a lover of anything peanut butter I was surprised when I realised that I had never tried Nestle's Butterfinger bites. These are a famous American chocolate although as reputations go, it probably comes in second to Reese's peanut butter cups so I wanted to see how different they were. I found them on offer in Tesco's so this seemed like the perfect opportunity to review these chocolates.



The box contained bite sized pieces of chocolates and had a strong peanut butter-y scent on opening the packet. The box states that there are 180 calories for 4 pieces which I personally didn't think was too bad at all.


I bit into one of the bites and found that these chocolates were not what I was expecting. I thought that these would be very similar to Reese's peanut butter cups with a creamy filling but instead I was met with a hard crunchy honeycomb like texture. I was taken back at first so tried another piece. This time I knew what I was getting and actually enjoyed it. The peanut butter flavour was obvious and the crunchy texture melted slightly once on my tongue.


The chocolate itself wasn't anything special but then again American chocolate usually isn't that great. The initial surprise of what was inside these bites did stop me in my tracks slightly but I'm still glad that I picked these up. For peanut butter fans like myself these are certainly worth a try unless you have brittle teeth - in this case you will need a dentist afterwards because they are quite hard to bite into. I don't really know how to compare these to Reese's chocolates as the flavours are very similar, the main difference is that Reese's are creamy inside and these aren't but I would still happily snack on either!

No comments:

Post a Comment