Friday 20 May 2016

Magnum Chocolate Almond bar review

I have eaten Magnums since I was a child but have never honestly taken that much notice of the taste of the coating chocolate. I have seen Magnum chocolate bars appearing in shops so thought I would see if one of their chocolate bars impressed me as much as their ice creams usually do. This almond bar is described as being an almond truffle covered in Magnum's milk and white chocolate which sounded pretty good to me.


I opened the bar and saw that it had a pretty rough texture which I presumed was from nuts (since it was an almond bar). It wasn't massive but it was certainly large enough to fill any chocolate cravings. I snapped the bar to reveal the truffle surrounded by a thin layer of white chocolate then a slightly thicker layer of milk chocolate.


I tasted the bar and it was pretty nice. The problem is that I don't really have much else to say. The almond truffle was the best part. I could taste the almond element but it was basically just a basic nutty flavoured truffle. The white chocolate wasn't really noticeable as it was overwhelmed by the amount of milk chocolate flavours in this bar. I didn't not enjoy it and if it was in front of me I would probably eat it but I cant say that I would go out of my way to buy this bar again. I personally think Magnum should stick to their amazing ice cream range and stay away from the chocolate shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment