Monday 2 May 2016

Ambrosia Apple Rice review

This apple rice pudding from Ambrosia is something that I seem to have had in the cupboard forever. Having enjoyed other varieties of Ambrosia rice, I don't know why I have been putting this one off. As the best before dates on these type of products are generally very generous it was still safe to eat when there was nothing left in the kitchen for me to treat myself too so I finally decided to try it.


On opening the pot it looked exactly like all other forms of Ambrosia rice but digging to the bottom revealed a thick apple sauce. I mixed it all in and took a bite not expecting to be very impressed but I was very pleasantly surprised. The apple flavour was really tasty and I could taste cinnamon quite strongly. Being a massive lover of cinnamon, this was always going to go down well for me. The apple added a sweetness to the rice yet there was some tart-ness that you get with fruity desserts that stopped it from being too sickly.

I really enjoyed this rice and don't know why I waited so long to try it. Ambrosia products last for such a long time that these are well worth having in the cupboard for a rainy day when you fancy something sweet. The pots are quite small but will certainly fill a little whole if your feeling peckish. This apple rice may actually be my favourite from the Ambrosia rice range and I will definitely be enjoying it again in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment