Monday 4 April 2016

Tesco Sweet Potato Oven Chips review

I absolutely love eating sweet potato chips/fries when I go out for a eat and so when I saw that Tesco have released their own version I couldn't wait to try them. I didn't think to take a picture of the bag but these can be found in the frozen isle alongside many other sweet potato products such as wedges, fries and mash. I heated them in the oven for 25 minutes and the result was what you see below.


I generally don't like oven chips as I find them a bit boring so I was hoping that I wouldn't be disappointed in these and luckily I wasn't. They were delicious, in fact I would even say that they were better than some sweet potato fries that I have ordered from restaurants. They were quite thick which meant that there was a good amount fluffy sweet potato filling to taste and a crispy outer coating that held a lot of flavour. They didn't taste greasy at all but also didn't dry out whilst they were cooking and so were perfectly soft with just the right amount of "squidgy-ness". I think these may become a staple product in my freezer and I cant recommend them enough to any sweet potato fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment