Sunday 3 April 2016

Grabits Chinese Chicken On A Stick review

A pretty simple review today of Grabits Chinese flavour chicken stick. I picked this up from WHSmiths when I needed a little something just to hold me over until dinner. The packet states that it is made with 100% chicken breast which is pretty unusual for a chicken snack. I usually find these types of  products are made from all sorts of rubbish rather than actual meat and so I figured this was worth a try. When I sat down I also saw that this stick contained less than 2% fat and so is a much more nutritious than other snacks available.


There was a strong spicy smell when I opened the packet and there was a fair amount of meat on the stick. The smell was that of traditional Chinese spices and it was very red in colour. This did have a slight sauce-y coating that I can't imagine the original version would have. I bit into it and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. This was very flavoursome with a good amount of spice without being so hot that it was overwhelmingly spicy. The texture was very chewy, similar to the texture of fridge raiders and I actually double checked that this was 100% chicken breast but it was.


For me personally I didn't mind the chewy texture but I think that if you only like very high quality meat then this may put you off. I was also pleased to see that there were less than 70 calories in this stick which was actually quite filling I can definitely see me picking up another one of these chicken on a stick's in future as it made a nice change from the usual snacks that I buy and I was very impressed with both the flavour and size of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment