Sunday 10 April 2016

Tesco Healthy Living Sour Cream & Black Pepper review

A regular snack in my cupboard is Propercorn's sour cream and back pepper popcorn and so when I saw this version of the same flavour available in Tesco's I thought that it might be worth a try. The bag has only 88 calories and I was interested to see how this would compare to other brands.


I opened the bag and there was a fair amount of popcorn inside. Unfortunately that is where the good news ended. This bag is a prime example of why I am hesitant about buying store bought popcorn as the texture was so chewy it tasted stale. There was no crunch to it at all which there should be with any popcorn. The flavour was slightly better but again far from great. The black pepper was stronger than I expected which can be seen by the amount of black dots covering the popcorn. The sour cream flavour was also noticeable but the overall taste of the popcorn wasn't anything special.


I definitely wont be buying this again and recommend anyone thinking of purchasing it to go for a higher quality brand. Although the flavour was palatable the texture for me personally was completely off putting. If you don't mind chewy popcorn, then you may have a very different view of this snack to me but I need much more of a crunch to really enjoy it

No comments:

Post a Comment