Friday 1 April 2016

Boots Shapers Cheddar & Caramelised Onion Popcorn review

I have tried products from Boots Shapers range before and have generally been pretty impressed. It is a calorie controlled range which is part of a healthier lifestyle. Cheddar and caramelised onion is a pretty popular flavour but I'm not sure that I have tried it in a popcorn before so when I saw this bag with a "new"stamp on it, I decided that I had to give it a go.


I opened the bag and there was a very generous portion inside.This whole bag contained only 82 calories so I was eager to get stuck in. There was a strong smell of cheese and onion which followed through in the flavour. It was a bit unusual at first mixing the texture of popcorn with a flavour that is so associated with crisps but after the initial mouthful I quickly got used to it. My pet hate with store bought popcorn is that it is often quite chewy and I have to admit that this bag did lack a certain crunch that you get with fresh popcorn, however considering the calories and the strong flavour I was able to get over this.


I can't say that this is the best quality popcorn that I have ever had but I did really enjoy the flavour. This snack is one for those people who like a strong cheese and onion flavour so if you're on the fence, you probably wont enjoy this too much. I still can't quite believe that there were only 82 calories in the entire bag because it was such a generous portion. Although the popcorn was much chewier than I would have liked, I think I would have been expecting a bit much for anything more for the calories and the taste was good enough that I think I would still pick these up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment