Tuesday 29 March 2016

Portlebay Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup Popcorn review

It's always a real treat for me when I find a new and unusual flavour of popcorn so I grabbed this bag of crispy bacon and maple syrup popcorn as soon as I saw it. I have seen Portlebay popcorn around before but have never actually tried it so this seemed like a good place to start. I don't usually go for bacon flavoured snacks but the addition of the maple syrup flavour really tempted me as I generally like the combination of salty and sweet in popcorn.


I forgot to take a picture of inside the bag but it did just look like a typical bag of popcorn. I tasted it and the flavour was incredible. I wasn't expecting the maple syrup to be anywhere near as strong as it was and for me it was definitely the dominant flavour. The bacon added a smokiness that was more of an after taste and although it was certainly noticeable it wasn't overwhelming or artificial at all. I really enjoyed this bag of popcorn and I can't say that I have tasted a snack like it before. I now really want to get my hands on some of the other interesting flavoured popcorns that Portlebay produce and I'm already after another bag of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment