Tuesday 16 February 2016

Weight Watchers Salmon & Broccoli Wedge Melt review

Now, I will start by saying that I am not actually trying to loose weight, so the reason I picked this meal was because I genuinely quite fancied it and it looked like an easy and convenient meal. I am a fish fanatic! (so living with me can be quite difficult- the kitchen often smells a little), so this picture of salmon pieces in a creamy savoury sauce with broccoli and potato wedges appeared very promising.
 

This meal contained only 282 calories and could be cooked in the oven taking 45 minutes or in the microwave in 8-9 minutes, I chose to heat mine in the oven. The portion was very small so it wasn't difficult to see why the calorie count was so low and so I think that if I was dieting this wouldn't do me much good as I would just snack like a demon afterwards because I would still be hungry!

 
 
It didn't look too appetising on the plate if truth be told but I've learnt not to judge a meal by it appearance so sat down and tucked in. It was fine. That's about all I can say about it though. It wasn't unpleasant and the creamy sauce was tasty and went really well with the broccoli which was more like mush but this didn't really bother me as my mum has always overcooked broccoli like this. The wedges pleasantly surprised me as they are something that I wouldn't usually choose to have but they had a really good crisp and were my favourite part of the meal. The salmon was disappointing and chewy and this made it feel almost artificial but I can't understand why it turned out like this. This isn't a meal I would rush out and buy again because of the size and poor quality salmon but if you are watching your waistline, then for a meal with a creamy sauce and potato wedges all under 300 calories, it's not half bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment