Monday 15 February 2016

Costa Coffee and Walnut Mini Cake review

When browsing the cake display in Costa when I was in dire need of a mid afternoon treat, I caught sight of this cake with the label " Back by popular demand" on it. Naturally, I felt the need to see why this cake was so popular and so decided that it was a necessity to try this coffee and walnut mini cake.

 
I sat down and pressed my finger into the cake and there was nothing soft or squidgy about it... in fact it felt tough and hard. I suddenly regretted my choice but even so stuck my fork in and took a bite. I don't know how but the inside was the total opposite! It was heavy but moist and the filling and icing on top added to this even more. The hardness of the outside actually added to the end result as it felt almost like a slightly crunchy coating before breaking into the softness. The flavour itself was fairly mild, a subtle coffee taste with a background of  walnut that was just about detectable. The filling an icing were delicious and although there didn't look like a lot, once into the cake there was the perfect proportion. Overall this cake felt very indulgent and I can totally understand why it was such a popular choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment