Monday 1 February 2016

Tesco Sweet Potato & Goats Cheese Lattice Pie review


This is a product that I have been trying to find for months so got ridiculously excited when I spotted it in a tiny Tesco Extra in a little town when visiting family. It contained goats cheese, spinach and sweet potato in a short crust pastry pie with a lattice top. There were seeds on top which added to the texture and gave it a little extra crunch.


As you can see the sweet potato was in large chunks and made up the majority of this pie. It was a little too soft for my liking and lacked any real flavour but wasn't unpleasant at all. There was very little goats cheese or spinach however so I was slightly disappointed. There was enough cheese to prevent it from being dry but no real taste and as I love goats cheese I wasn't too impressed and there were small strands of spinach that weren't really detectable without looking. The pastry however was delicious. Crispy and flavoursome and is what saved this pie from being a total let down. Basically this pie left me feeling a bit blah. It wasn't bad, just quite bland and I think my expectations were so high that I was left disappointed but it wont put me off trying other Pies from Tesco's range as the pastry was absolutely perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I have just had one of these delicious pies, but i won't be buying another one! I looked at the ingredients and was extremely disappointed to see that they contain palm oil!!!

    ReplyDelete