Saturday 27 February 2016

Tesco Finest Caramelised Onion & Cheddar Quiche review

I wouldn't normally choose a cheese and onion quiche but when I saw this version with caramelised onions I was too intrigued to walk past it. All of the caramelised onions were gathered in the centre in a deep purple colour and there were flecks of chives throughout.


I cooked the quiche in the oven as instructed and it came out with a brown, crisp crust. I cut through it to reveal a soft and creamy cheesy centre. The cheese was certainly noticeable and came across quite strongly but without a doubt the caramelised onions were the star of the show. Sweet and sharp just as they should be, there were quite a thick layer revealed when cutting through the middle and the chives just added a little extra flavour.


I was really impressed with this quiche and have picked it up again since already! This is nothing like a traditional (boring) cheese & onion quiche and felt much more luxurious. This tasted really indulgent and made for an indulgent meal. This was without a doubt the best quiche that I have ever had so for anyone looking for a tasty meal, especially if you are a fan of caramelised onions, then this is something that you should definitely add to your shopping trolley!

No comments:

Post a Comment