Thursday 11 February 2016

Sainsbury's Cream & Strawberry Jam Horn review


Cream horns are not something that I regularly pick up as I'm not a massive lover of fresh cream. However, I fancied a sweet treat that wouldn't be too stodgy and as these were reduced it seemed like the perfect opportunity to give them a go.



They looked very appetising when pulled out of the box and were covered with sugar crystals and appeared to have a generous amount of cream inside of the horn. I wasn't really sure where to start with eating this without making a mess so cut into it so I could determine what the filling was like inside.
 
 
For anyone looking forward to the jam element of these horns, you may be disappointed. As this picture shows, throughout most of this pastry the strawberry jam was non existent. I won't lie, this didn't really bother me too much as I only like a little jam with my desserts and I actually found the cream very tasty, so this combined with the light, sweet and sugar covered pastry was enough to please me. 



This picture shows the second horn in the pack. It was very much the same with the lack of jam throughout, however this one contained a large amount of jam and not much else towards the bottom of the cone which I didn't enjoy so much. These horns were not a described so I can understand why people might not be impressed with these but for anyone like myself who isn't looking for a lot of jam and is happy with a sweet and creamy light dessert then you should be pleasantly surprised by these.

No comments:

Post a Comment