Friday 12 February 2016

Pukka Pie Chicken and Mushroom review

Chicken and mushroom pie is a childhood favourite of mine but I realised this week that I haven't had one in years so decided it was time to put this right. Pukka Pies are a well known brand trusted by many so this seemed like the perfect company to put my trust in.


The pie was oven cooked and puffed up perfectly. There was flaky pastry on top and was a decent size. Once I cut into the pie, there was no oozing of a mushroom sauce as I would have liked and if I'm totally honest not a whole lot of filling. There were only about 4 chunks of chicken throughout this pie and about the same amount of mushrooms. There was enough sauce to prevent it from being dry and to add a nice flavour but not a noticeably decent amount.


Despite the serious lack of filling, the taste of this pie was pretty good. The pastry was light, thin and flaky and there was a creamy mushroom taste to what little filling there was. I wouldn't rush out to get this pie again but I would certainly eat it again and it was fairly tasty but in all honestly, the lack of filling did seriously disappoint me.

No comments:

Post a Comment