Saturday 13 February 2016

Marks & Spencer's St Clements Hot Cross Buns review

Firstly I apologize about the pictures (or lack of ) in this post but I was so excited to try these hot cross buns with orange infused sultanas, orange peel, candied orange, orange puree and orange & lemon peel that I ate my first bun without taking a picture of it.


The bus had a slight orange tinge and glaze and felt soft and sticky. I have only tasted these untoasted and am disappointed to admit that I wasn't blown away. They basically just tasted like ordinary hot cross buns but with small chunks of chewy candied orange throughout which just added a strange texture that I didn't personally enjoy. I did like the slight orange glaze to the top of the bun and although they weren't unpleasant I have had much tastier and in all honesty I don't think I will be buying these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment