Tuesday 23 February 2016

Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Porridge review

I have seen this porridge about for a few months now but haven't gotten around to trying it so when I saw that it was on offer, it seemed like the perfect opportunity. Purely for convenience, I chose to try the potted version that only requires that you add boiling water to the marked line, stir and leave it to stand for 2 minutes with the lid on.

 
 
I followed the instructions and then gave it a go. Now as silly as this may sound, I didn't actually think about what this would taste like. All I knew is that I had seen it on shelves with a big "new" sign on it which made we want to pick it up. It tasted exactly like the cereal! I couldn't believe how well Kellogg's have managed to maintain the flavour of the traditional cereal in this porridge form. There was a strong taste of honey with a nutty flavour to follow.
 
 
 
The texture of the oats was smooth which made the contrasting small chunks of nut even more noticeable. Although the picture isn't great (because I forgot to stir the porridge before it was taken), I would never have known that it had only been made up using water as it had a lovely creamy feel to it. These porridge pots are great for anyone who needs a breakfast on the go or for those who cant be dealing with measuring out milk and oats first thing in the morning. This Kellogg's crunchy nut porridge is delicious and if you like the cereal then I can highly recommend that you give this a go as a tasty alternative for these chilly mornings.


No comments:

Post a Comment