Monday 22 February 2016

Greggs Glazed Donut review

After enjoying the infamous Krispy Kreme donut recently, I was only too tempted to try Greggs version so that I could compare the two . I hadn't heard anything about these donuts to know what to expect but I did notice a "new" sign on them so I can only assume that not a lot of people have tried them yet.

 
 
The first thing that I noticed was how thick the glaze was, much thicker than Krispy Kreme's version and it seemed to stay on the donut a lot better rather than flake off. The glaze was very similar in taste meaning that it was sweet and tasty. The actual donut seemed larger in size and the dough felt a lot heavier. This is probably more of a reflection on just how light Krispy Kreme's donuts are but in all honesty I didn't mind that Greggs version was a bit stodgier. In fact it made it feel a bit more indulgent and naughty in a way.
 
 
 
I was really impressed with this new product from Greggs and in fact as much as I enjoy a Krispy Kreme, I think I actually preferred these! The donut felt a lot more substantial and I loved how thick the glaze was. The fact that these donuts are a fraction of the price just makes them even better so they are well worth a try next time that donut craving hits. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment