Wednesday 20 January 2016

Tesco Fresh Custard & Raspberry Jam Doughnuts review

It's only too easy to be tempted by the fresh cream cakes at Tesco when your starving, freezing and feeling like you deserve a little pick me up. That's why I ended up buying these custard and raspberry jam doughnuts.
 
 
These doughnuts were the finger shaped type and this style with the custard filling are a childhood favourite of mine, however I have never tried them with the addition of raspberry jam. There was a powdered sugar dusting on top which made them look very appetising.
 
 
 
I bit into the doughnut and if I'm completely honest, it didn't wow me. They were perfectly "alright" but the doughnut itself had a very cakey texture, not as dense as I personally like. The custard had a nice thick texture but not a very strong flavour as I expected more vanilla to come through. The Jam was very runny and thin and again didn't have that much flavour.
 
 
 
These weren't as bad as I may have made them sound and if I was given one again I would probably finish it. The problem for me is that there are much better quality products available that I would choose over these doughnuts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment