Monday 18 January 2016

Marks & Spencer Taste Japan Prawn & Mangetout Gyoza review

Marks and Spencer have their taste japan range which I have never heard of before but being the type of person who's willing to give anything a shot once, I thought I would try this meal which looked a little different.

It consisted of 6 dumplings filled with Tiger Prawns, Mangetout and ginger and chilli. There was also a Ponzu dip which is made from soy, lime and rice wine. This could be steamed or microwaved. As I was feeling rather lazy I just popped it in the microwave for 2 minutes.


The result was a rather tasty dinner. The dumplings were slightly too chewy for my liking but still enjoyable. The filling did not have a strong flavour and I couldn't detect the actual chilli or ginger but there was a subtle seasoning that was very tasty but the prominent flavour was the prawns. The fact that there was not a strong flavour to these dumplings made sense when I tasted the Ponzu dip. This mainly tasted of soy sauce but with a little extra spice but this had a strong flavour which complimented the dumplings perfectly. Overall this was a rather nice meal. It wasn't anything to rave about but it was certainly a decent standard for a convenience dish so a nice change for any Japanese food lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment