Friday 29 January 2016

Tesco Double Chocolate Hot Cross Buns review

 
The Easter goodies are already appearing in supermarkets and being a big fan of hot cross buns ..... and chocolate I was only too tempted by these double chocolate version from Tesco.

The chocolate-y smell of these buns was immediately noticeable when I opened the packet. There were chocolate chips spread throughout and the traditional white cross on top. I wasn't sure what to put on these but as you can probably see from the picture, I love butter! Most people would probably have a lot less but that is just my personal preference.



These tasted very nice. As simple as that sounds, its the main word that comes to mind. They tasted strongly of chocolate and had a nice soft texture. I would have preferred a few more chocolate chips throughout but I cant say that there weren't enough. I would probably buy these again but wouldn't go out of my way to rush and get them. These were a great alternative for those who don't enjoy the currants and spice of a regular hot cross bun but overall I think I probably prefer the traditional version.

No comments:

Post a Comment