Saturday 30 January 2016

GU Zillionaire's Puds review

My ultimate indulgent treat is millionaires shortbread so this was the GU dessert I was most excited to try. Described as having salted caramel, treacle infused cheesecake with a rich ganashe, this sounded amazing.


As with other GU desserts, this cheesecake had distinctive layers and came in an individual glass pot. There was a chocolate cheesecake base which was the only thing that put me off buying these because as a general rule, I prefer a traditional base. The ganashe and base were different thicknesses throughout the dessert but I didn't really mind this.

 
There weren't as many gold sprinkles on top as I was expecting but again this wasn't a priority for me so I tuck in. This was a very rich and chocolate-y dessert. The ganashe was thick and gooey but not very sweet. The treacle cheesecake layer however made up for this as it added a real layer of sweetness. The salted caramel layer was delicious and had just the right amount of saltiness to stop this being a sickly pudding. The chocolate base was crumbly, with a strong chocolate flavour but was rather nice.
 
This was a dessert that I would recommend for chocolate lovers and I did enjoy it, however I personally was surprised to find I preferred the other varieties of GU that I have tried more. This is probably because of the chocolate base which wasn't to my personal taste but nonetheless this was a good quality dessert and another successful product from GU.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment