Sunday 31 January 2016

Marks & Spencer Balanced For You Lamb Curry review

 
I have been hearing a lot about M&S new Balanced for you range containing high fibre, low carbs and calorie controlled portions so wanted to try out some products from this range.
 
 
 
I chose the aromatic lamb curry with spiced rice and lentil pilaf. This dish promised slow cooked lamb marinated with ginger, garam masala, coriander and chilli. I love lamb but its a meat that I don't eat very much so was dubious about how microwaved lamb would taste, however as M&S products are generally high quality I was willing to give it a go, especially for 388 calories!
 


I opened the pack and was surprised at how generous the portion was. There were clearly a lot of lentils amongst the rice and a decent amount of meat, so I popped this container in the microwave and hoped for the best.

 
 
Once cooked I layed it out on a plate, the size of the portion is deceiving in this picture as I had piled it up in the corner of the plate to make room for chips and naan bread (defying the point of the "balanced" range). A microwaved curry was never going to look great so I went on taste. It was pretty decent, in fact considering the calorie count and nutrition it was actually pretty good! There wasn't a lot of heat but a noticeable spice throughout both the curry and the spiced rice. I really like lentils which was good a there were a lot more than I was expecting in this dish. Overall I was really impressed with this range and am planning to try out other varieties from this range following this meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment