Tuesday 5 January 2016

GU Key Lime Pie review

After enjoying my first GU dessert over the Christmas period, I decided I wanted to taste another so pickd up the Key Lime Pie variety. Like other GU products, this is more of a cheesecake than a pie.
 
 
 
These are described as having a bold lime flavour which made me a little nervous as I like my cheesecakes to be sweet and creamy but I needn't have worried. These were delicious. If you were looking for a sharp lime taste then you may be disappointed but for me it was the perfect mount of tartness.
 
 
There were three layers to this dessert. There was a crumbly biscuit base with ginger sugar. Ginger is the one spice I really don't like but in all honesty I couldn't detect any which suited me perfectly..... but again if this is something you are looking for then you may find it slightly bland.
 
 
There is then the tangy lime curd and the creamy cheesecake top. These were quite small but perfect for one. I am desperate to try the rest of the GU range after trying these little treats as I think they are a tasty and easy dessert for any night of the week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment