Saturday 12 December 2015

Tesco Mince Pie Cookies review


After enjoying the white chocolate melting snowman cookies from Tesco's so much, I decided to give the mince pie version a shot. I don't mind a mince pie Christmas time to get me in the festive sprit ut I cant honestly say that they are something I crave all year round.
 
 
I opened the bag and could instantly smell the warming spices of a mice pie. The cookies were slightly wet on the back from the wetness of the filling but I didn't really mind this. There wasn't quite as much filling as the white chocolate version but I think this is because too much filling would make them a bit overpowering and difficult to eat with the sweetness of the cookie. The filling tasted of traditional mince pie with plenty of juicy raisins. They will probably be a real treat for any hard-core mince pie fans and I didn't mind them but I don't think I would buy them again. Something about these just seemed a bit off to me and I would prefer an actual mince pie with the less sweet pastry. However if you find the richness of an actual mince pie too much then these may be a good way to ease yourself into them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment